Campervan Hire Can Mean A Lot Of Things: Which One Is Right For You?

The term “recreational vehicle” or RV  is an American term.  Here we use motorhome or campervan. It’s basically a large vehicle in which the living space and the driver’s seat are all part of the same structure, rather than having the “car” part towing the “living” part.

The Winnebego

But recreational vehicles come in many other shapes and sizes, too, and are still properly called a motorhome. Which one you rent or buy depends on your needs.

The motorhome (commonly called a Winnebago even when it’s actually a different brand) is convenient because it offers fantastic living quarters, including a place to sleep, prepare food and use the bathroom. The driver is not disconnected from his passengers; they’re in the “back seat,” as the living quarters are right behind him. Many people, especially retirees, live in motorhomes full-time, touring the UK or Europe and enjoying their mobile lifestyle. Motorhome and Caravan campsites have sprouted up all over the country, offering traveling campervan enthusiasts a place to stop and rest, hook up to electrical posts, and even use the Internet.

Other motorhomes are better suited to temporary arrangements, not full-time living. The most basic kind of campervan is a simple VW camper conversion, where there is a bed that rolls out from the seating area. This is usually for day or weekend trips, with supplies stored in small cupboards. The pop up roof can serve the same purpose as a tent would (protection and warmth), making it useful for outdoor camping, too.

campervan hire buckinghamshire
campervan hire