Hire a motorhome and drive to Devon
Whether it is an afternoon cream tea you are after, a fantastic Devon beach or watching the horses roam through the countryside, Devon has everything you could wish for when taking a motorhome break through the country.
Devon has such a variety of things to do, and the top 4 things are listed below;
- Grab the cycle off the back of your vehicle and take a ride along the Tarka Trail which is a 180 mile figure of eight route around Barnstable. Or cycle down the Devon coastal route from Ilfracombe to Plymouth
- Visit the ‘Big Sheep’ in North Devon. This is great for all the family, activities include Sheep sheering, horse whispering and sheep racing!
- Take your motorhome and visit the South Devon Vineyards and try out some of the award winning local wines.
- Various films were made in the region, including War Horse, so why not go check out some of the locations. Also ‘we bought a zoo’ was a true story on Dartmoor Zoo, however was not filmed there.
When is good to visit
May sees the start of most events in Devon, starting with the Devon County Show, followed in June by the Goldcoast Oceanfest and the Lord Mayors day in Plymouth. Your find more things later in the year including the Balloon and Music Festival, the Ocean city Festival in Plymouth and the International Agatha Cristie festival in Torquay.
More about Devon in your motorhome
Devon is definitely one of the better motorhome friendly counties in the UK. There are a few cheap nightstops namely
- The Castle Inn, Lydford, Okehampton, EX20 4BH
- The Highwayman’s Haunt, The Highwayman’s Haunt, Exeter Road, Chudleigh, TQ13 0DE
- The Thelbridge Cross Inn, Thelbridge, Near Witheridge, Crediton, EX17 4SQ